Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blog 8: What i have learned so far

1. What have you learned how to do since you started working on your senior project?
Since I began working and researching my topic I have learned that to make a successful guide dog you need to have extreme dedication and focus, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week you will be disciplining and teaching your dog formal G.D.A (Guide Dogs of America) commands. I have also learned that the most effective way to train your dog is to use verbal praise and affection;if you are training your dog with doggy treats he/she will learn to expect a treat after they have followed a command and you won't always have a supply of doggy treats handy and eventually they will become disobedient. Another thing that I have learned is to recognize different types of illnesses depending on what symptoms the dog has.

2. Post evidence of this accomplishment.

3. What research helped you to do this and how?
My research that helped me to achieve this is the G.D.A. Puppy Manuel that.I received when I had my home interview. This Manuel contained a wide range of topics from what to expect as your puppy grows older to what types of toys your puppy is aloud to play with. This Manuel informed me on the diet the guide dog in training should stick to, what illness and diseases I have to be aware of and how and when the formal commands should be used.

No comments:

Post a Comment