Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog 13: Answer 1

(1) What is answer 1 to your EQ? Be specific in your answer.

I believe that the first answer to my essential question is that you need consistency in training.

(2) What possible evidence do you have to support this answer?

When I attend puppy classes and meetings, I have observed that the guide dog raiser is constantly giving their puppy a job to do, by job i mean a command ex: sit, down, quiet, stay, ect. By always having the dog perform a job, this will keep your puppy in control and will get him used to following commands the first time they are given.

(3) What source(s) did you find this evidence and/or answer?

I found this evidence from observation and from my puppy hand book. In my puppy handbook it says, at the very minimum, that i should be giving the puppy 20 repititions of the same command, so through out the day i should be practicing one command over 20 times.

No comments:

Post a Comment